Our Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Big Brain Omaha

CHECK THIS OUT!!

CHECK THIS OUT!!
Our good Fiend and friend of the show

A Proud Represenetive for Nebraska

A Proud Represenetive for Nebraska

Monday, May 19, 2014

A SAD FAREWELL AND A TRIBUTE TO GREAT HORROR HOST

Greetings Faithful Followers,

For this installment of the blog I was originally going to do a review of the Tony Watt (aka The Canadian Wildman) films Frankenpimp and  Vixen Highway 2006 (both great films BTW so stay tuned). Instead I wanted to take this opportunity to pay tribute to a fello horror host and  a wonderful human being Magoo Gelehrter aka GAROU the werewolf also the husband of  Danielle Gelehrter aka Penny Dreadful XIII, Magoo lost his valiant struggle with cancer and left us this past friday. The entire horror host community  was deeply shocked and saddened by his loss including us here at the monastery of mayhem (brother james, ash, inferna & lady torrid) also send out deepest sympathies to Danielle and Magoo's families.
I personally did not have the opportunity to communicate with magoo on the level that many of my fellow horror hosts did But I followed the posts on his Gofundme and Facebook Pages and did talk thru facebook on several occasions. I was always touched by the optimism,strength and dignity that Magoo used in coping with his illness  and was always touched by the upbeat nature in the thank you email's he sent in regards to the donations made to his gofundme campaign and helping to spread the word of his plight with our fans and over the social media.                                                                                                                              


When I decided to become a horror host about 5 years ago I researched many horror hosts  Penny and Garou had stood out not only because of penny's obvious chrisma and attractivness (shes smokin!)  but what i watched on youtube and their websites and was captivated by the interplay between Penny and Garou, manfred von bulow and luna . Magoo's comedic timing and his passion and love for the character of Garou shone through every time he was in front of the camera . Tennessee horror host Dr Gangrene had this to say about Magoo "Magoo was the little guy with a funny name and  a huge personality -to meet Magoo was to fall in love with him. Funny. Intelligent, warm-hearted and full of love of life" A very appropriate description of Magoo indeed.



 After hearing of Magoo's Passing and not really believing that i had heard right, I began to wonder "why is someone with such passion and such strength taken from us so soon and obviously with so much more to give?" Having lost several  members of my own family to cancer I have asked these questions before and coming up with the same answer that the universe works in strange ways and someone that can touch so many is needed for great work elsewhere. I know that this is small comfort to penny and thier families at this time I wish that I could have gotten to Magoo better, I am sure that if someones impact in this life can be measured by the outpouring of sympathies by those lives he touched at his passing then Magoo was truly one of the luckiest of people.


Speaking for myself if I could answer any of those questions that i asked previously I would probably be a wiser person than I am now. All I can do is feel what all of us in the horror host community, his family and his fans are feeling now the sadness at his loss but also being grateful that Magoo was able to touch all of our lives in some way large or small, thats a pretty good legacy in my opinion.

 

Rest In Peace Garou you will be missed

4 comments: